The HipHop PHP Wiki: Running HipHop – the Five Modes
The HipHop Wiki on GitHub already has some documentation on running HipHop:http://wiki.github.com/facebook/hiphop-php/running-hiphop
Interesting facts are for example the five different modes:
- Mode 1: Compiling HipHop and running it directly.
- Mode 2: Compiling HipHop in a temporary directory and running the compiled program from the command line.
- Mode 3: Compiling HipHop in a temporary directory and running the compiled program as a web server.
- Mode 4: Interpreting HipHop directly.
- Mode 5: Starting a Web server or daemon and interpreting HipHop on the fly.
Also noteworthy is the documentation on compiling a large codebase.